Thursday, March 15, 2007

Charity Concert at Shaw Social Club


On Sunday evening I was a guest of a charity concert held at Shaw Social Club for Cancer Research. This was the second concert I have attended by 14 year old impressario Josh Smith. Once again Josh has worked tirelessly to cajole and rehearse a large cast of singers, musicians and dancers - almost all teenagers. This time he had the added help of the Trinity School Choir (pictured) and some adult instrumentalists.
This was a great opportunity for local youth to take centre stage and show their family and friends the result of their hard work in rehersal. I haven't met another teenager who can make things happen the way Josh does. I believe he raised £400 last time and about £800 this time. His mum told me she won't let him organise another concert for a year, as he must concentrate on his school work now!

No comments: