Sunday, March 04, 2007

Enborne School 125th anniversary celebrations


On Friday afternoon I collected Louis from school then drove to Enborne C of E primary school to join in their 125th anniversary celebrations. As we arrived in the playground some of the pupils ran up and said 'hello Mayor!' - they remembered me from their visit to the Town Hall last summer. The children were all dressed as pupils would have been in 1882 when the school was built. They were all keen for me to take photos of them, and I took some great pictures, that I couldn't resist turning sepia - here is one of them.


Inside there were displays of photos from the school's past, and some log books and registers dating back from the second world war. I looked up the Junior Mayor Gemma Legg who attended the school six years ago - I'm pleased to see she had an excellent attendance record!

No comments: