Monday, March 12, 2007

Soroptomists Lunch


The Newbury Soroptomists invited me to their annual presidents lunch at the Regency Park Hotel in Thatcham - and asked me if I would talk to them about my year as Mayor.


I was a bit nervous about making my

first ever after-dinner speach, until I thought of using this blog as my inspiration! I simply went through it taking out pictures of a range of the type of engagements I have done, and put them on a powerpoint presentation. I always knew this blog would come in handy! I also circulated the scrapbook of press cuttings my mum has been keeping on my behalf.

I know some of the Soroptomists quite well now, as I have met them a number of times throughout my year. After the lunch they also presented a cheque for £2,000 for the Thames Valley Air Ambulance, their charity for the year.

No comments: