Saturday, April 21, 2007

Healthy Fun Day at Greenham Community Centre


This morning I was a guest at the fun day organised by past Mayor and health visitor Martha Vickers. I had a look around the stalls inside the community centre - interesting information on healthy eating, composting, cycling, walking, neighbourhood wardens etc. There were copious bowls of delicious fresh fruit available (yum) and a fascinating display showing the amount of salt, sugar and fat in familiar foods like snack bars and crisps. The stack of actual sugar cubes in a Mars Bar was shocking!
Outside I had a go at the drumming workshop, and watched a great cookery demonstration by a young professional chef - quick tomato soup and bruschetta - I had a taste of the soup too!
The day went on till 4pm - I hope plenty of the locals took the time to come along and enjoy the activities on offer - it was a well organised event that deserved a wide audience.

No comments: