Sunday, September 17, 2006

Presenting awards at the Community Furniture Project


On 7 September I went to the Furniture Project in Greenham to present Open College Network awards in office administration and furniture restoration to a number of volunteers.

Formal training for volunteers is a relatively new opportunity at the CFP – but a natural progression, as many volunteers were learning these skills anyway. The recipients have all put many hours into their volunteering, helping themselves and the project.

The Chief Executive of the CFP, Kelvin Hughes, gave me and Carol a guided tour of the project before the presentations, and I met many of the volunteers and staff (some I already know, as I am a trustee), but I rarely get a chance to visit Greenham during the working day, so it was good to see them all.

No comments: