Sunday, September 17, 2006

Wash Common Garden and Craft Show


For the past twenty years or so, the folk of Wash Common have held a traditional show at the community centre, with competition categories for everything from onions and courgettes to hand made greeting cards and chutney.
This year was no exception, and I went with Carol and my mum on Saturday afternoon to Glendale Avenue.

Tables were laid out with all manner of produce and crafts; tomatoes and Victoria sponges being the most plentiful this year. The chair of the committee that puts on the shows (pictured) took me round the exhibits, and introduced me to Alan Hutford, a local woodturner who was demonstrating his craft and selling some beautiful bowls made from a variety of wood. We had tea and a delicious slice of Victoria sponge before the prize winners were announced and I handed over the trophies.

No comments: