Friday, May 11, 2007

First Meeting of the new Council


On Wednesday evening I chaired the first meeting of the new council following the elections. It is a curious position to be in, as it was the last time I will take the chair, and for many of those around the room it was the first meeting they had been to.

For the first time the political parties are nearly equal in number - just one seat between them, so it will make for interesting meetings in the next four years. Before the meeting started all the Town Council staff came along for a group photo with new councillors, and to introduce themselves. All the full and part time staff came (except the town crier who is on holiday), it was an excellent turn out. We also had all bar one councillor present.

I had met most of the new councillors in the two 2.5 hour training sessions I helped Graham Hunt to run in the last couple of days - they seemed keen, and I wish them well.

No comments: