Friday, May 11, 2007

My Final Reception


Last night at the Town Hall I hosted my final reception.


About 50 guests came - a whole range of people who had been involved in my Mayoral year in various capacities. It was poignant to see some councillor colleagues for the last time in an official capacity at the Town Hall, and it had the feeling of an end of an era - several comments were made about the co-incidental timing with Blair's resignation speech, and the end of my ten years on the council. Joyce had printed this entire blog and stuck it up all around the council chamber - hundreds of photos of my official engagements over the last twelve months.


It is also sad to say goodbye to the staff, many of whom I have now known for a number of years. I handed some gifts to the civic staff and we all tucked in to a curry from the New Greenham Tandoori. A number of Stuart's partners from Gardner Leader came too, and kindly sponsored the drinks for the reception.
I persuaded Joyce and Carol, my civic manager and attendant to pose for a photo - two wonderful women who usually take these blog photos rather than appear in them!


No comments: