Saturday, June 10, 2006

Chicago Rock Cafe


Last night I went with my friend Rachel Haslam to the opening of the refurbished Chicago Rock Cafe.

The NWN photographer thought it would look good if I posed at the bar with a large cocktail - so the bar staff very kindly made one. After the photos we tried it and it was delicious! Rachel and I were shown around by the manager, Clairey. I couldn't believe the amount of work that had been done in just four weeks. The finish was good quality, and the effect quite light and airy. Apparently they are keen to move away from the nightclub image, and to encourage families during the day and early evening for their new tex-mex menu.

They have an impressive line up of performers for the next few months, including an Abba tribute band, which appeals to me! Upstairs are three American style pool tables and a bar area, and there are many high quality video screens. Its great to see companies like this investing in Newbury.

No comments: