Friday, June 23, 2006

Community Furniture Project

in case any of you noticed that I seem to have been slacking lately, I thought I'd explain I've had a few days away with my fellow trustees and the Chief Exec of the Community Furniture Project. Whilst not a Mayoral engagement, it is my charity for the year.

We all went to Peterborough to have a look at one of the biggest recycling and re-use projects in the country, called Compass. Like us they sell donated furniture, and have woodworking, upholstery and electrical workshops, but they also have a scrap store, four community shops and a new warehouse where they dismantle old computers and even granulate the plastic ready for recycling as new garden furniture etc. We have come home full of enthusiasm and ideas for the future direction of our own project - our next job is to agree a new 5 year plan.

No comments: