Sunday, July 30, 2006

Donnington Grove Charity Golf Day

I also came home briefly to attend the charity golf day that was organised by Donnington Grove Country Club on Thursday. Eighteen teams of four played golf for the day, then had dinner at the hotel on the site.

I was presented with a cheque for £1,600 for my charities, the Mayors Benevolent Fund, and the Community Furniture Project. I was delighted that Donnington Grove and Kick FM thought of asking me if they could give the proceeds to my charities. I know how much effort goes into fundraising, and this was a wonderful amount to receive out of the blue. It was also the first time I had been to this golf course -it is a beautiful place, and a lovely Georgian crenelated country house is now used as a hotel and restaurant. The day was perfect - it didn't rain despite distant thunder rumbling.

No comments: