Monday, July 31, 2006

Waterways Festival


Yesterday was the 11th annual Kennet and Avon Canal Trust's Waterways Festival in Victoria Park.

The festival was opened by Wyn Gould, the widow of John who lead the campaign to restore the canal many years ago. Wyn told me yesterday that her late husband had instigated the first Waterways Festival, and I remember attending it, heavily pregnant with my second son Louis. The photo shows Wyn and I in the park just after the official opening.

I walked around the stalls, having a go at the coconut shy (useless) and a lucky dart stall (more successful!) not to mention a few tombolas.

My brother and his three daughters also came - he was more successful with the coconuts!

I then helped the Trust chairman to judge the best decorated canal boat - which was tough as they had made a good effort with flowers, bunting, balloons and fairy lights. The prize went to the Amber Moon.

No comments: