Monday, July 17, 2006

Trinity School Key Stage Three Awards


I left the other Newbury in Bloom judges shortly after lunch to go over to Trinity School for their key stage 3 presentation event. I had another reason to be there - my eldest Theo was receiving an award, and I didn't know what for until I arrived. He had a special award for being one of the three pupils with the most commendations - I'm very proud of him.

The students all looked pleased with themselves - justly so - its good to give them public recognition early in their school careers rather than just leaving it to the end. Pictured is Katy Byng, the first winner of the Community Spirit Award. Katy is involved in many things outside school such as working for Oxfam, helping with Girls Brigade, a member of Newbury Young Peoples Council and much more besides. Its super to recognise that life outside school is just as important.

No comments: