Sunday, July 02, 2006

St Joseph's School Fete


I was pleased to be asked to open the St Joseph's School summer fete on Saturday afternoon. Stalls were laid out in the hall and on the school field. I had the onerous task of judging the fancy dress and hat competition. I've never done this before, and it was tricky because the standard was high. A little lad from year one was so delightful as Donald Duck, trying to walk in bright yellow flippers, with a cushion in his tail gaving him a wonderful waddle - I had to give him first place!

I watched some of a judo display - the kids looked like they had a wonderful time rolling around on the mat. I met a few mums there I hadn't seen for a while, so it was nice to have a chat and catch up, and the head invited me back for a question and answer session, so I shall look forward to that.

The photo is of a little girl who was having a lovely messy time flag painting.

No comments: