Friday, October 27, 2006

Wear it Pink Day


The staff at Newbury Building Society Head Office created a Pamper Room out of their training room today and sold beauty sessions in aid of breast cancer awareness and research charities.

They invited me along for the treatment of my choice, and being a coward I chose the easiest - a manicure! There were head and neck massages, body tanning, pedicures and body waxing on offer too, just to name a few. I dressed up in as much pink as I could muster (top, jacket and boots) and walked through the high street feeling a bit conspicuous, but I felt quite at home when I arrived at the Newbury Building Society headquarters, as everyone there was in pink too. Employee Traci had organised the whole event, from decorating the room to booking the beauty professionals. Traci was delighted that all the slots for the day had been booked by her colleagues, so hopefully a good amount of money will be raised. My manicure was courtesy of Kerry Martin, who I can thoroughly recommend. I was delighted with my beautifully painted nails - pink of course!

No comments: