Friday, May 19, 2006

Two Days To Go!

I spent some time this morning at the Town Hall going through proceedures for the ceremony on Sunday with Joyce, the Civic Manager. Then we went over to St Nic's church and I tried out the pulpit. Fortunately does not appear as high as usual because it is surrounded by staging for the Spring Festival concerts. Sunday will be the first time I have given a bible reading in Church.

This afternoon I visited the offices of Kick FM and was interviewed by John Stratford. Fortunately it was recorded, not live! I hope I will be visiting them again over the course of the coming year to discuss some of the activities I will be involved in. All the staff there seem to have got to know the present Mayor Val Bull rather well - and enjoy her wicked sense of humour!

2 comments:

Rod K With NASA said...

Keep up the good work, Gill, and hope all goes well for Sunday.

Gill said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Sorry not to have responded sooner - if I hadn't bumped into Mair at the Rugby club I dont think I'd have realised who you were!