Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup 50th Anniversary Lunch



Today I was a guest of the Chairman and Directors of Newbury Race Course for the celebration lunch marking 50 years of the Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup. I have to confess to not being a racegoer, so the starry line up of Jockeys, owners and trainers was a bit lost on me, but I had heard of Bob Champion, Jenny Pitman and John Francome.

28 of the past winners were represented, and everyone enjoyed watching the archive footage of winners crossing the finishing post. Jockeys and trainers of some of the winning horses were interviewed between courses, including Stan Mellor who was on my table. The lunch was delicious and Stuart and I both enjoyed meeting some of the guests - I arrived feeling like a fish out of water, but was made very welcome.

No comments: